It's been quite a while since I've posted anything on here (you can thank 4 weeks of working at summer camp for that lol). On the bright side, I did learn an awesome recipe for an amazing dessert called Apple Deliciousness, so shout out to Sarah Ballast for teaching me this.
- Apple pie filling, enough to cover the bottom of your pan. (1-1 1/2 cans depending on pan size and how much pie filling you want)
- Yellow cake mix, again proportional to the pan you have, for a 8x8 or 9x9 square pan half a box or 1 box of jiffy yellow cake mix for 9x13, one full sized box of cake mix.
- Butter approximately 1 stick per box of cake mix.
- Grease pan.
- Pour pie filling into pan.
- Cut butter into cake mix until it forms small balls.
- Pour topping over pie filling.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until topping is just starting to turn golden brown.
This is simple and delicious! Try it with other pie fillings such as cherry or even with fresh blueberries depending on what you have around. If you don't like canned pie filling chop enough apples to cover the bottom of your pan into whatever sized slices you want, full chunks like traditional pie, or bite sized pieces. Then mix them with cinnamon sugar to coat (add addition spice if desired such as those used in the Spiced Applesauce Recipe) and you have a delicious Dutch Apple Pie filling!